Bolt (Taxify) Clone app- Features, Benefits and Cost to create an app
Taxify/Bolt is one of the largest competitors facing Uber. It is only second in the number of downloads after Uber all across Europe. Started by a 19-year-old with the help of his older brother, Taxify – now rebranded as Bolt – has gone on to receive a valuation of $1 Billion. While this whole story is inspirational, especially for someone who wants to start-up in the taxi-hailing services, why is it that you must consider developing a Taxify/Bolt clone app instead of designing an app distinctively? Two reasons:
- The Bolt app has proven to be a successful taxi-hailing application model. It works!
- As a wise man once said, “why create the new when you can recreate what works?” Maybe a wise man did not say it, but it is worth thinking about, no?
- Backend development: The script, the code or in simple words the technical aspects of putting together an app for the consumers and the drivers to use.
- Cloud Servers: Which cloud based system offers you the most security, in the most cost effective terms?
- Database Management: MySQL, Firebase and many such database management technologies are available for use and implementation.
- Email notification: A key feature in any app development
- Geolocation: One of the latest technological features which promises to revolutionise the way in which e-hailing is conducted. Geoanalytics helps riders and drivers alike in the most time and cost effective manner.
- Payment gateway: Your most important partner in business, ensuring a steady and obstruction free inflow of money. PayTM, RazorPay, PhonePe and many more available options.
These features in addition to many more technological features like the web-based front end, SMS notification etc. are all required to get your application ready to go. With a SaaS product, these features are taken care of immediately as you purchase them.
Bolt offers interesting features that you would want to include in your application:
- Onboarding: Onboarding of riders and drivers alike and encouraging sign ups to ensure a steady repeat client base.
- Vehicle / Service Selection: Selection of a range of vehicles from 4 seaters to luxury cars.
- Ride Booking: Ease of booking rides at any given time, ensuring availability of vehicles to consumers.
- Allocation / Matching: Allocation drivers to riders in the most route optimised way as possible, saving money for both the rider and importantly, the driver.
- Ride / Order Tracking: For ease of finding the vehicle as well as safety of the driver and passenger, ride tracking becomes an essential component.
- Promotions & Offers: Promotions and offers make it much more likely for riders to choose your ride hailing service as compared to competitors with higher price points.
- Notifications & Alerts: Notifying consumers of the latest updates and available promotions serves as a reminder of your app and makes it much more likely for them to remember your app when they are in need of a taxi.
- Payments: Card, Cash, Payment gateways, coupons are all valid forms of payment. You decide the number of options available to riders and drivers.
- Reviews & Ratings: Reviews and ratings work on both ends of the bargain – for the riders and drivers alike. Apart from riders reviewing their ride, drivers also get to rate their passengers in order to improve service quality and driver well-being.
- Help & Support: Grievance redressal becomes an essential aspect of planning for the launch of your business. From taxi availability and payment issues to harassment and abuse complaints, you must be prepared for them all in your help and support section.
Benefits of a clone app
It is estimated that the start to finish development of an e-hailing app could take anywhere between 12 to 24 weeks at best depending on the market experience and technological expertise of the startup team. Taking into account the trials and errors and redesigning of features to suit your needs and satisfy your vision of your taxi-hailing service could prolong the launch of the app. Customer feedback and experience also plays a key part in determining the final version of the application. In short, we are looking at a considerable amount of time spent developing the app before the business takes off.
A cloned app would significantly reduce this key time, which could help you better manage investors, your own ideas and redirect your energy towards ensuring maximum profits instead of the latest features. Your technical SaaS team will take care of it for you.
Apps like Jugnoo can support you in creating your own taxi service or scooter rental app within a week!
How Much Does a Clone App Cost?
An application that you develop from scratch with a new code could cost you anywhere between $75 to $200 per hour that your technical team works on its development, multiplying it by the weeks that it could take for you to get your application user ready. A cloned app by that measure is a much cheaper investment.
If you factor in the knowledge acquisition by SaaS teams, that greatly accelerate the turnaround time for your application as well as give you the best available market features based on their experiences working with different companies, you would also be saving cost that you would have otherwise spent in learning these lessons on your own.
Overall, a clone app developed by a SaaS team is your best investment at a startup stage.
Jugnoo’s e-hailing taxi service application consists of the latest in class technology with features such as route optimisation, geofencing, rider and fleet management, great discounts and promotions along with a dedicated technical team aiming to serve their clients in the best manner possible.
It also has in detail rider, driver and admin dashboards that ensure smooth operations of your ride-hailing business. And the best part? It only takes 3 days for Team Jugnoo to set up your rideshare business.